If you are ready to take your career to the next level and work for a company that has the benefits of a large corporation while maintaining a family-first foundation, you came to the right place!
SouthernAg Carriers, Incorporated takes great pride in our employees and in the performance and service they provide to our customers and co-workers. The foundation and future of any company is the “people” it employs. Listed below are the minimum requirements for employment with SouthernAg Carriers, Incorporated:
MINIMUM DRIVER REQUIREMIENTS:
- At least 21 years of age
- At least 1 year of verifiable experience out of the past 5 years driving commercial vehicle
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A)
- No Driving under the influence in the last 7 years (DUI/DWI)
- Must pass Federal Department of Transportation ROAD TEST
- Must pass Federal Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol tests
- Must pass Federal Department of Transportation Physical Requirements
- Must pass job assessment test (functional capacity test)
- Must practice good personal hygiene
We will pull the following reports:
- DAC Report
- 7 year MVR
- Criminal background check
- DOT PSP report
- Verify past employment(Only after release form signed)
Earnings & Benefits
To maintain the level of quality and service that SouthernAg Carriers, Incorporated is known for, it takes a team of high quality and well compensated drivers. Below are some of the benefits you can expect if you become part of our team:
Our Modern Equipment Is Continuously Updated
Owner Operator/Lease Trucks:
- 75% of the load plus 100% fuel surcharge
- SouthernAg discount fuel program
Long Haul Division:
- 28% of the load.
- Average mileage 2200-3200
- 48 states, Less than 30 states on a regular basis
- AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TX, PA, OK, OH, VA,
- 1 to 2 weks out on the road
- Miles paid include loaded and deadhead computer miles, as dispatched.
Drivers of domestic and container loads are paid based on a percentage of the gross revenue earned by the truck based on the following schedule: Percentage of Revenue Paid to Driver-28%
- A “FUEL BONUS” will be paid quarterly as follows:
- 6.5 miles per gallon 1 cent per mile
- 6.75 miles per gallon 2 cents per mile
- 7.0 miles per gallon 3 cents per mile
Layover pay of $75 will be paid for each 24-hour period after the first 24 hour period in layover status.
We do not encourage drivers to load or unload trailers. When it is necessary, the driver will be paid based on the amount paid by customer and approved by dispatcher. Documentation must be turned in with bill of lading.
After one (1) year of employment, employees are eligible for one (1) week of paid vacation. After three (3) years of employment, two (2) weeks of paid vacation are paid. The amount paid for the vacation time is the average weekly pay for the previous year.
SouthernAG recognizes and pays for the following five holidays: New Years Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
In the event of the death of a member of a driver’s immediate family (spouse, child, brother, sister, parent or grandparent) up to two (2) days bereavement pay in the amount of $96 per day will be paid.
Health and Hospitalization Insurance is available for the employee. This coverage is effective after a 90 days waiting period. Coverage for a spouse and/or children is also available through a payroll deduction.
Life insurance on the employee in the amount of $25,000 is provided by SouthernAG. This coverage is effective after a 90 days waiting period. Disability insurance is available on a payroll deduction basis. Dental insurance is available on a payroll deduction basis. Vision insurance is available on a payroll deduction basis. Accident, cancer, intensive care, and special event insurance is available through AFLAC on a payroll deduction basis.
Employees become eligible for the 401(k) Plan the first month following six (6) full months of employment. Employee contributions may be made by electing to have a percentage of your gross pay deducted from each pay check. This percentage can be changed at any time. An employee may contribute up to $17,500 per year into their 401(k) account(2013 limit). These contributions are a pre-tax benefit reducing your taxable wages. Southern AG matches 25% of the first 6% of gross pay the employee contributes.
SouthernAG provides 3 shirts and a hat on hire date, and then on every anniversary.
SouthernAG offers Direct Deposit for employee payroll checks to virtually any bank or credit union. This insures that drivers pay is available to them each Friday without relying on the mail or inconvenience of having to pick up the check and take it to the bank. SouthernAG reserves the right to make changes to these policies at any time without notice.
If you are interested in joining our team and you would like to see if you quailify to apply, fill out our short online pre-qualification form.
If you are interested in applying to join our team,you may either download an application and fax or mail it to us or you can fill out our easy online complete application.